Carmel has embraced the role of CoaX Helicopters SolidWorks Composer Designer producing numerous functional and engaging process animations. Her work will enable engineers around the world to learn CoaX Helicopters manufacturing and maintenance skills by simply following the examples in these animations.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) 2009 University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Science (Physics and Mathematics) 2009 University of Sydney
- Master of Actuary Studies 2013 University of New South Wales
- Food and paper manufacturing (with Goodman Fielder and VISY Paper) which involved quality testing, design of safety equipment, and production line improvements including modification and maintenance of processing machinery.
- Railway simulations (with Plateway) of passenger and freight train movements, track configurations, train timetable implications (i.e. whether a proposed time table would cause train jams or delays) and estimating the time taken for a train journey given the current track work. Projects have been in Australia and overseas.
- Treasurer for Engineers Without Borders Sydney Region. EWB provides Humanitarian Engineering within developing communities.
Other interests are in visual art and film production where I have helped create short films and oil paintings.
Current Areas of Responsibility at CoaX Helicopters
- Building 3D animation assembly manual in SolidWorks Composer
Life’s Little Challenges
- Extending and developing on the role of Treasurer for Engineers Without Borders Sydney Region. During my time as treasurer the revenue has tripled and this role has provided leadership opportunities in work with volunteers.
Why I came to CoaX Helicopters
- A great opportunity to work with machinery, learn new skills, and software.
- It is terrific being part of a growing company.
- Friendly team